The SINGER 9960 is quite an impressive sewing machine which comes with a long list of electronic controlled features and accessories, to sew quite everything from an embroidery scarf to upholstering, together with dresses, garments and other textiles.
Created with the user in mind, SINGER 9960 quantum stylish sewing machine comes with all the required accessories and others that most sewers do not have. Starting a project becomes quite easy since this sewing machine allows the user to make adjustments to the stitch length and width. It is uniquely designed with an extra-high presser foot lifter feature, a free arm and slow sewing speed option.The up and down movement of the SINGER 9960 machine can easily be programmed through the LCD screen.
SINGER 9960 Top Features
- It features an automation needle threader and a top drop-in bobbin system for quick and easy set-up.
- There are 600 built-in stitches including 13 styles of fully automatic one-step buttonholes and 5 different fonts that provide endless project possibilities.
- There are stitch editing capabilities that allow the user to control the exact look of the stitch pattern with elongation and mirror imaging.
- One-touch automatic thread cutter that trims the upper and lower threads when the user is done sewing, for faster and easier sewing.
- It has an electronic auto pilot and speed control that provides complete control of the sewing speed making the sewing of difficult areas be easier and error-free.
- Automatic Thread Cutter instantly trims the top and bobbin threads at the bottom of the button.
- It features an automatic Stitch Length and Width where optimal settings for stitch length and width are automatically set and can equally be overridden for more personalized sewing.
- In terms of ease of use, SINGER 9960 is very user-friendly and reliable.
- The machine is very quiet that you don’t know that it is on.
- The machine automatically cuts threads.
- Extra accessories.
- A lot of a quality machine for this price point.
- Can sew almost everything with the included accessories.
- Impressive set of many features.
- The manuals may be tricky to understand at times.
- There are so many features that make some folks to report getting a little bit lost.
- Doesn’t include a DVD with detailed instructions.
- Doesn’t handle denim well. It requires a special needle.
People seem to like this machine for its ease of use and ability to sew through thick fabric. Reviews express how the machine produces consistent stitches and it is relatively quiet.
The machine comes with a number of different presser feet – including; an overcasting foot, a quarter-inch foot, a blind hem foot, a cording foot, zipper foot, an open tie foot, buttonhole foot, a darning and embroidery foot for better performance.
There is a stitch reference chart that is provided right at the machine’s upper lid that facilitates quick and easier selection of the appropriate stitches for each project.
The machine comes with an aluminum frame giving it a practical weight and facilitating durability. The machine comes with a 25-year durability, although with limitations. This duration covers the sewing machine head only.
This sewing machine is a really great investment for experienced users, even though inexperienced users might have some issues with it. It has a lot of features that are necessary for advanced users, like its ability to sew through almost anything. The SINGER 9960 is a stylish sewing machine that has everything that you need and more. It sews like a dream and has many features that most people would really like to have on sewing machines.
The Heavy Duty Metal Frame holds all the mechanisms in a perfect alignment for skip-free sewing and durability.
Overall it is a top-notch sewing machine that you should definitely consider buying.